My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Jordan Post #2

We celebrated the end of our first week here by taking our only day off (Friday) and taking a three-hour trip down to Petra, one of the most magnificent cities that I've ever walked around.

It's over 2000 years old and is so full of detailed workmanship, and engineering and artistic brilliance, that it must humble anyone living in Los Angeles today (well... actually, anyone today).

I've got over 100 pictures that I took yesterday and, after I sift through them and toss away the crap, I'll upload a few more.

In the meantime, the class is spectacular -- the students are incredibly motivated and, for the most part, talented. Helaine, Tom and I are continually tweaking the curriculum as we find out that the students can handle more than we thought. At the end of this week, they shoot their big film!!

I'll keep you posted.